Sunday, July 15, 2012

a Bucket list


We are only two days away from baby Harlow's 6 months passing anniversary... As I have mentioned so many times before on this blog, becoming a "mommy" was my ultimate dream so it is only natural to say this last few months haven't been quite so easy! I have lost myself in pain, sadness and insecurity and turned into old habits and addictions that have literally taken all the few good things I had left. I realized though that I was making Harlow look down on me and see someone she didn't want to know instead of making her proud of her once so strong mother... who gave birth to her after 30 hours of labor.. I realized I was becoming someone I didn't even wanted to know.
I once read or heard somewhere "everyone deserves a second chance"- and with those words in mind, I embark in new paths that will lead me closer to the person I want to became! I relied on my friend Mariah's help and together we decided it was time for me to come up with a BUCKET LIST:

1. Cliff jumping. 
2. Adopt a pug.
3. Enter a hot dog eating contest.
4. Stick my tongue out to a stranger.
5. Buy a talking bird.
6. Go on a neighborhood mass dog walk. 
7. Eat Bengali in India
8. Skinny dip in as many beaches on the coast of California as possible. 
9. Wear every piece of clothing inside out for a whole day. 
10. Be a Vegas gold statue for a day.
11. Give up talking for 24 hours(damn, this is gonna be a hard one!!).
12. Ride an elephant. 
13. French kiss a complete stranger. 
14. Crash a weeding and act like I have known the bride and groom for years. 
15. Cage shark diving. 
16. Go back to school. 
17. Write and record my own song. 

In memory of my loving daughter Harlow, I have 17 wishes I hope to accomplish...
(ps: Harlow's birthday is January 17th and when I wrote my bucket list, I had no idea I had written 17 wishes on 2 post- it notes ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment