Sunday, May 10, 2015

It all started with a “long time ago” kind of dream
I wished, prayed and desired you
And one early morning as I got sick I though
“Here we go!!”

I will finally get to hold my own little one…
What would you look like?
Would you have my button nose?
I shall wait and see

But at six months, already feeling your kicks and leaps
I discovered this journey of you and I wouldn’t be long
I went from choosing your little room décor
To deciding whether or not to have a burial

You still danced in my belly strong
 And I read you Dr. Seuss books
We took walks on the beach daily
And ate tons of ice cream

My greatest fear in having you was letting you go
After all in my tummy you were safe
I sat still knowing God had a plan
But I will miss you everyday

Giving birth will never compare to anything else in this life
And holding you was worth every minute of it
You left too soon
With an emptiness in my heart I stayed

You were the greatest thing I had happen to me Harlow Ka’alele
And you will always be my first born
There is not a day I don’t wish you were here
This mother’s day I send you my love

Why, why did you have to go?
That I will never really know
But the hour I spent with you
Was the greatest hour of my life

I wish I could watch you grow…
Play with you…
And teach you all I know
But I know you are with God and I must let you go

I desire to be someone’s mom someday.
But don’t worry little one
You will always be my first one
The one who showed me the woman I could be

I am forever grateful I met u my angel
You shaped me in every way
One day I will meet you again
And will give you the tightest hug one could ever give away

Until we meet again
I pray you play in heaven’s grounds
As your mother, I will always worry about you

You are in great hands and with that I leave you to be happy and FREE




No comments:

Post a Comment